Four and Five year Olds
At this stage, learning becomes even more exciting for your child because they are preparing to move into kindergarten. Our program will help make the transition smoother by helping children become more familiar with an organized environment. For example, one of the biggest transitions for children is the whole class instruction concept. To get them ready, we will conduct full group activities that will be similar to their experiences in kindergarten. We will focus on group play to develop social skills needed for elementary school, such as listening, sharing, asking questions, following directions and cooperating with others.
Our program will help children develop the critical thinking and problem-solving skills they will need to succeed in kindergarten and school. We work with your child on recognizing shapes, colors, motor skills and following instructions. In addition, we continue to build on their language development through learning activities to introduce letters, words, and sounds. We will increase their math skills by recognizing numbers, counting, and introducing basic addition and subtraction concepts with hands-on activities. We provide a safe, secure environment where children can learn through exploration, discovery, and hands-on activities as they prepare for their exciting entrance into kindergarten. Our teachers provide assessments every three months throughout the school year to keep parents informed on their child’s progress.
Our Pre-K Program includes:
- The Creative Curriculum for Preschool, Using exploration and discovery as a way of learning, Creative Curriculum enables children to develop confidence, creativity, and lifelong critical thinking skills. In addition, Creative Curriculum lessons offers daily opportunities to individualize instruction, helping teachers meet the needs of every type of learner and addresses all the important areas of learning, from social-emotional and math to technology and the arts, and incorporates them throughout every part of every day. Creative Curriculum is based on 38 objectives for development and learning, which are fully aligned with the Head Start Child Development and Early Learning Framework as well as early learning standards for every state.
- Our bible Curriculum The Gospel Project, focuses on a weekly bible story with hands-on activities and interactive worship songs introducing children to the gospel.
Below are some of the basic milestones we look for in a child entering Pre-Kindergarten, in addition to specific academic and developmental achievements and local school district Kindergarten readiness check list :
- Stands on one foot for 10 seconds or longer
- Hops and somersaults
- Can skip
- Wants to please and be with friends
- More likely to agree to rules
- Likes to sing, dance, and act
- Shows more independence
Hand and Finger Skills
- Copies triangle and other geometric patterns
- Draws person with body
- Prints some letters
- Dresses and undresses without assistance
- Usually cares for own toilet needs
- Recalls parts of a story
- Speaks sentences of more than 5 words
- Uses future tense
- Tells longer stories
- Says name and address
- Better understands the concept of time
- Knows about things used every day in the home (money, food, etc.)